Express-HelpLine

express-helpline is the most recommended homework answer website.
Hundreds of Experts/Tutors are online 24/7.

Question (Category: Veterinary)
My 30 pound hound and 50 pound bassett ingestied around 25 Oreo Cookies.Should i take them to the vet?
Info Request
Luckily there is not a ton of chocolate in the oreos and it takes quite a bit to cause chocolate toxicity in dogs this size. However, it would be best to get the cookies out of their system. Try giving 4 tablespoons of peroxide to the smaller one and 6 to the bigger one orally to induce vomiting. It can be repeated in 10 minutes. The signs of chocolate toxicity are trembling, hyperexcitability, panting, and possibly seizures. Think of a dog with a caffeine overdose. There is no antidote but if you see these signs it would be best to have them checked by a vet so medications can be given until the chocolate is out of their system. If you have more questions please let me know. Here's a link with more:http://www.petplace.com/dogs/chocolate-toxicity/page1.aspx If I've been helpful please remember to click the ACCEPT icon. Thank you.Sincerely,


Answer by Steve G. (Purchased 4 times and rated )

Expert Steve G has answered this question. Download the answer (1 Word .doc file). The file will be sent to your email. If you encounter any problem while downloading, email our expert at expert_matt_d@express-helpline.online>



Email id :


Express HelpLine
Express HelpLine